I did manage to get to the stampede parade this year, but I have been busy and unable to get to processing the images, until last night.
These beautiful flags glowed in the sunlight. The hot sun last friday morning made photographing the parade a challenge; glaring highlights, burnt out whites and dark shadows, and people almost melting in the street! Those who were watching the parade were down on route, in their spots, and waiting by about 7:30 in the morning. The parade started about 9 am, and it took about 1 hour for the participants to walk the entire route. The last participate joining the parade about 11 am.
The parade was wonderful, more pictures to follow. www.jmeyersforeman.photoshelter.com/
- ‘It’s going to be special': Hundreds of thousands turn out for kick off of Calgary Stampede (news.nationalpost.com)
- The Ismaili community float wins best overall at Calgary Stampede (ismailimail.wordpress.com)
- Parade kicks off 100th Calgary Stampede (lfpress.com)
- Calgary streets full of cowboy boots, hats (metronews.ca)
- So how hot is it at the Calgary Stampede? – Calgary Herald (calgaryherald.com)
- Twin sisters recreate Stampede scene of ancestors’ photograph 100 years later (calgaryherald.com)
- The Calgary Stampede at 100 (macleans.ca)
- Attendance record set for Calgary Stampede (cbc.ca)