More photos at the Calgary Zoo, dare I say, the weather was so nice, people flocked to see the flamingo’s in the beautiful sunlight. It was a great day.
The year-long pass is probably the best deal for families, especially those with young children. It allows multiple visits, and you don’t have to worry about seeing everything in one day, the kids getting tired and cranky from all the walking and over stimulation. I did notice that most of the animals have their feeding and demonstration at 2 pm. Multiple visits and you have the opportunity to see each one on a different day.
There are plenty of indoor enclosures for days when the weather was not as good, lots of outdoor spaces for picnics and relaxing, and a wonderful playground for kids. The weather forecast for Calgary is for more great weather this coming weekend, my recommendation is pack a picnic and head to the zoo.
- Calgary Zoo welcomes baby musk ox (globalnews.ca)
- Slideshow: Calgary Zoo welcomes baby muskox (metronews.ca)
- Calgary Zoo prepares to unveil 20 year plan (globalnews.ca)
- #CalgaryZoo releases the world’s first annual report on Instagram (osocio.org)
- Calgary Zoo master plan includes polar bears and pandas (beaconnews.ca)
- Having a look-see at the Calgary Zoo; Explore Calgary Project (jmeyersforeman.wordpress.com)
- Calgary Zoo takes a big risk and produces 2012 annual report on Instagram (bargainista.blogspot.com)