Weekly review; I try to learn something new every day, where has just a few of the interesting things I have discovered and thought I might share with you.
- From the Paris review; the first abstract painter was a woman; She worried that the world wasn’t ready to see them, and when she died in a tram accident, in 1944, at the age of eighty-one, her will ordained that they not be shown for at least another twenty years. More of her work can be found here.
- I find inspiration in so many places; Austin Kleon has some great Inspirational in stains and textures.
- This was helpful; learning how to seed a pomegranate.
- On being a fearless artist I love his reminder about finding our purpose.
- “If you are ever bored or blue, stand on the street corner for half an hour,” writes Maira Kalman.” I love this quote from “On Looking: A Walker’s guide to the Art of Observation” that I am currently reading. I love people watching!
- From Brain Pickings; review of Anne Lamont “Notes on Hope” … in the wreckage of this hardship, we find our most redemptive potentialities: Brain Pickings is one of my favorite weekly reads, with book and writer reviews, if you are looking for something to read check Brain Pickings
- Mel Robbins tells us about the “Zeigarnik Effect.” State your goals and your mind will program itself to spot opportunities to help you create it in real life. Read more about it here https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/procrastinating-how-to-stop-zeigarnik-effect-phenomenon-at-work-now-a8247076.html
- I am watching a few Lightroom video’s learning how to create page templates in the print module.
That is just some of the highlights from my week, what have you been reading? let me know so I can learn along with you.
Have a great week