it has been a while since I have posted any images on the blog; working full-time has kept me busy and away from blogging; I have been slightly more active on Instagram. The idea posting images and not having to … Continue reading
Last week Celine tagged me in a chain called the Liebtser Award. Thanks Celine. Here are the rules:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
1. Celine has some beautiful photography and I am sure you will find it interesting.
2. 10 questions and answers
2.1. What is your first memory? I was about 3 years old; by older brother and I shared the bottom bunk bed, and my uncle, who lived with us, slept in the top bunk, I vaguely remember mom coming in one morning and wishing her brother a happy birthday.
2.2. When did you realize photography was a passion and how? High School art class, we had one very old twin reflex camera. I learned to take pictures and develop them in the dark room. It was like magic, watching the images develop on the paper in front of me!
2.3. If it wasn’t photography, what artistic ability do you have or do you wish you could have? I don’t think to have a lot of artistic ability. I wish do calligraphy, maybe someday I will take it up.
2.4. If you could live in any other country in the world for a year, where would it be? There are so many fascinating places to visit, and I haven’t been to very many. I would like to see more of the world before I decide.
2.5. If you had a superpower that could help you with your photography, which one would you want? I would like to travel faster than a speeding bullet, then I could see more of the world!
2.6. What place in the world would you love to photograph? China
2.7. What are you favorite photographer? I see so many great images on the internet, but I would have to say Yousuf Karsh, for his portraits, Henri Cartier Besson, for his street life and documentary, and Ansel Adams for this stunning black and white, and his ability to teach us to see in black and white.
2.8. What are your favorite TV Series (past or present)? House Hunters International, and Rick Steve’s Travel shows
2.9. What are your favorite movies? Out of Africa, Cinderella Man, Evelyn
2.10. What photo would you love to take in 2014? I am not sure there is one photo! I would like to tell the story of the Via la Plata, a camino from Seville to Santiago de Compostela Spain. It is an old pilgrimage route that is enjoying a bit of a revival. We plan to walk it this spring.
3. 10 Blogger I follow and recommend
Hiroaki Kobayashi http://widebrightpass.wordpress.com/
Kardz by Kris http://kardzbykris.wordpress.com/
Kat Eye Studio http://kateyestudio.com
The Art Tree http://artandpictureframing.wordpress.com/
Cee’s Photgraphy http://ceenphotography.com
Rob Moses Photography http://robmosesphotography.com
Darwin and Samantha http://www.oopoomoo.com/blog/
Dennis Aubrey http://vialucispress.wordpress.com/
10 questions for the blogger to answer. (I like Celine’s questions so much I thought I would pass them along.
1. What is your first memory?
2. When did you realize photography was a passion and how?
3. If it wasn’t photography, what artistic ability do you have or do you wish you could have?
4. If you could live in any other country in the world for a year, where would it be?
5. If you had a superpower that could help you with your photography, which one would you want?
6. What place in the world would you love to photograph?
7. What are you favorite photographers?
8. What are your favorite TV Series (past or present)?
9. What are your favorite movies?
10. What photo would you love to take in 2014?
I introduced you to Megan last week. I am busy working through her images, but photography took over the weekend, and very little time for processing. I am going to try to bring a few more images to you this week, summer is over and I want to get back on track with blogging. We shall see how it goes.
The HitchHikers’s Handbook has published a story and photos written about the Camino: check out their site:
Besides my guest-post you will find plenty of helpful information for world wide travel. Good information for the traveller.